Sunday, May 5, 2013

Not A Gold Medal Moment Again!

This morning Jordan had woke up and called for me. When I went up there he said, "I am all sweaty mom, I'm wet, I need new pants". It was everywhere and it was soaking wet his pants were almost dripping wet. I instantly thought he had wet the bed, but that would be VERY odd for him because he has never wet the bed he wore pull ups until a couple weeks ago because I was too tired in the mornings to have to even think about dealing with a wet bed but he had been dry for so long I figured it was time to wear big boy undies to bed. On Wednesday, he had woke up and told me was all sweaty. He was wet but not were one would think he had wet himself. So I just thought he was sweaty.
Back to this morning, so I changed him kind of in a gruf and half awake because I was disappointed and tired to have to deal with that when I was sick on top of it at 6 am. Then he kept repeating, "I did not wet the bed". I just said trying not to sound upset..."I am not mad and lets go lay down in my room and go back to sleep". Then I thought, how creative of a 3 year old child to say he was sweating instead of peeing his bed". Clever...but then I thought, he knew better than to lie to us.
The day went on and I didn't think about it again until we were laying bed. I got done reading and he said, "I'm sweaty again". I felt him he didn't feel hot or anything so I laid with him until he fell asleep, kissed him goodnight and shut his door. Then I got to thinking maybe he was telling the truth...it didn't smell like pee and he was so sure he did not pee the bed to the point he was crying that he did not pee the bed...
I walked back up there after about 10 -15 minutes of sleep and he was soaking wet and even his little hands were sweating. I thought that was strange. I also thought that's just great, I feel awful, I was telling him "don't lie to me if you peed the bed I am not going to be mad just tell me you peed the bed". Geez I was like a detective in the interrogation room. That's the picture I had in my mind as I am replaying the morning situation. How my face told a story of a disappointed mom. I also made him wear a pull up to bed much at his dismay. Wonderful....Poor guy. I am so sorry! I felt awful. He was telling the truth. It was sweat! So instantly your mind starts wondering how strange...I mean, I sweat at night but that's my hormones!  Why is a 3 year old sweating like that??? So I did google searches (which I should know better right!...of course many things came up~normal things and not so normal things...
I am assuming he is just a kid that is overheating at night... but I think I will still call the Dr. in the morning. This has never happened to any of my other kids unless they are fighting a fever and he does not have a fever nor is sick. Anybody else ever experience this?

No comments:

Post a Comment