From 3 years old you wanted to take the face off.
I would laugh because whenever they would line up you would push those other kids out of the way because you wanted to be the one to take the faceoff. You didn't even know that was a position. You just wanted to be that guy. You wanted the puck first. You never backed down. They were always bigger then you and well because you were 3 and most of them were 5 or 6. The coaches then had to say Cooper it's someone else's turn.
One of your youth hockey coaches said you were born to play center and I think he may be right.
Twelve years later....
Still wanting to take that face off, you want to control how things are going to go, you want that puck, and still don't ever back down.
In life, you have the control of how things are going to go. You will face many things but I know you will win that face off in challenges you come across because you are prepared. Hockey is a sport that has taught you so many life lessons along the way. It also has taught me many things.
I played a lot of sports growing up but not one of them have as many life lessons like hockey! It truly is a sport that gives back.
One of the biggest life lessons~ IF YOU FALL -YOU GET BACK UP!
and you have many times!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment