Friday, April 8, 2022

Every morning I wake up

I walk by your room

I still see you lying there 

All sung in your bed

I pause for a minute 

Because I know it's just in my head.


I text you good morning

I love you and have a great day

I see those three dots pop up and they say

I love you mom and I’m ok.

I’ll call you later, I gotta go

Tell everyone I love them 

So that they all know. 

I pause for a minute and say quick prayer

Lord, he’s chasing his dreams 

now so please take good care

Care Of my baby, he’s my heart

And I never knew saying goodbye would be this hard.


I find myself scrolling through pictures on my phone

remembering all the times we had together on the road

We put on a lot of miles

You and I 

Shared a lot of good laughs and had some good cries. 

I watched you turn into a man

Right before my eyes.

I go in your room somedays

And sit on your bed

As memories flash through my head

Your laughter rings in my ears

It’s almost as if you're here.


No one ever told me 

When my boys would be gone

It would feel so lonely 

And the days would be so long.

I have done my job as their mom 

I hope they know I am so proud 

How far they’ve come


Keep your head held high

And reach for the sky

We are always going to be by your side

The sky's the limit 

you have to believe it to achieve it

You will fly high.

I know it because I see it 

when I look in your eyes.


My wish for you for the rest of your life

Where ever each one of you are

You know how much I love you until the day I die. 


MOM






No comments:

Post a Comment