Even though
with every milestone
it doesn't get any easier as you grow
Please Lord lead him down the right road
Because no one teaches a mother how to let go...
To your first steps by my side
to your first bike ride
when I had to let go...
To your first day of Pre-K
and your first kindergarten day
I watched as you walked away and prayed to God to keep you safe
and that you would be ok
and I had to let go...
Then came your last day at elementary school
How did that happen so soon.
Now you enter Junior High
and again I stand by the curb and and wave goodbye
and I had to let you go...
Then comes your High School days
which means drivers license, and first dates
to your first heart break.
all these things are hard for a momma to take
but I know I can't let you know
So yet again I have to let it go...
Packing up your room with tears in my eyes
because this letting go thing is harder this time
dropping you off at college and driving away
puts me back at that kindergarten hallway
Where I prayed to God to keep you safe and you would be ok
and I had to let go...
Now I here I stand on your wedding day
there is so much I want to say
I'm so blessed that you are my son
and proud of all you have done.
We walk down the aisle hand in hand
I'll always see the little boy in this man.
we exchange a hug and a kiss just like we always do
before I have to let go...
As I get old and gray
don't let our precious memories fade away
Be patient and be kind
because you will find
I will need you to be here for me this time
I will get slow
and I will need your hand to hold
so please don't let go
But that day will one day come
you will have your own son
you will see why my love runs so deep
When you look into your own child's eyes so sweet
You may see me...
Because I will never let you go you see
you will always carry a piece of me
Wherever you go....
No comments:
Post a Comment