Friday, August 21, 2015

Missing Each Other


"Because I have a brother I'll always have a friend"

I tucked Cooper into his bed and heard him whimpering. He had tears in his eyes. He said it's not fair Braedyn gets to stay home and he's not in school with us. I said, "well you will be on break soon and he will be in school". Then he cried harder saying, " I'll never get to see him". 
He is having a hard time adjusting to his best friend starting middle school. They always looked out for each other at school and Coop often left his peers in his class to play with Braedyn and his friends. It breaks my heart and warms it all at the same time.  He loves but misses his brother. Then he continued on about not being with each other and what if we go to seperate colleges...OK someone's really tired. Just go to sleep and tomorrow's a new day as I said, your brothers always are here and will be here~you are never really apart. You will grow up together, not always side by side but in this same house~family is forever...no matter where you are or where you go. This growing up stuff is hard on momma! It wasn't even the first real day the night this happended and I got a little emotional so I can't imagine when I drop him off at middle school....I'll be also thinking of Coop!

No comments:

Post a Comment