Cooper had practice last night and we got there and I noticed a new face waiting to get on the ice with the kids and he had a NHLPA shirt on. I have to say I don't know many of the Hurricanes players if they passed me by! I overheard one of the dads tell their kids that was Joe Corvo. He plays for the Hurricanes. He's got two boys that play in Cooper's league. So that was a cool practice! He was out there doing drill and skating with the kids. They were quite impressed at the end when he was showing off his skills of hitting!
Now that was a different kind of opening day for him! That would be cool if he will be coming back to help out again since he probably doesn't have a lot going on right now....What a great learning opportunity for the kids. Hopefully the lockout doesn't go all season long! I would love to catch some games, especially when the Wild are supposed to be in town against the Hurricanes!
Forgot my camera but the director was snapping photos. If he posts them or sends them to the parents I will put a link on here...
No comments:
Post a Comment