I never really understood what runners were talking about when they explained the sadness when their event was over...You work hard training for this one day and then the day comes and the excitement and thrill of it is over...Now I get it...You start thinking what's next...I guess they call it Post Marathon Race Blues. I guess from what I have read, most people sign up for another event and set a new goal for themselves. I think I might need some time to think about that:)!
I am enjoying the run for the fun again for awhile and maybe I'll think about training for a race in the spring. I went running yesterday for the first time after the Half and it felt great and I was actually thinking the hills were nothing compared to what I just ran on Sunday. Five miles felt like a warm up.
I will be signing up for the Tar Heel Ten Miler again but I think I am going to do the 4 miler this year and I am going to be setting my goal high as to win it for my age group. I came close one year and came in 4th.
So if anyone wants to do some shorter slower paced runs this winter let me know and I will go head out with you! I am going to cut back on the longer ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment