Sunday, October 21, 2012

North Carolina State Fair 2012

Charlie, Braedyn, and Jordan and I went to the State Fair for the first time. I didn't really know what to expect. I have only been to the MN State Fair. Let's just say the NC State Fair was like the county fair I used to go to in Rochester! It was a lot smaller!
Cooper wanted to stay home with Grandma and Grandpa Baudoin since they were visiting and he doesn't really like loud noises. We were going to see Jason Michael Carroll perform at Dorton Arena at the fairgrounds. He is a country music artist. We love his music in our house and he is a local NC musician.The boys were excited to go to the concert and to top it off we got to meet him and talk to him for a couple minutes.
The boys wanted to go on rides, so after filling up on greasy fair food we had to go and buy tickets. That booth happend to be by his bus and he was outside of his bus chatting with people so we made our way over there and Braedyn wanted to meet him. He was a very nice guy and we snapped a photo with him.
The boys then went on some rides and this was Jordan's first fair that he can go on the rides, as he was just over the height restrictions now. His face was priceless! Braedyn and Jordan had a ton of fun riding rides together.
Then Braedyn wanted to do the basketball toss. We watched for awhile and no one was making it in. He said he wanted to try and so he did it and got one in and won a prize...a big stuffed pokemon. Then, of course Jordan wanted a prize too so he wanted to win one for Jordan. He did and made it again. After the concert was over, we knew Cooper would be sad that he didn't have one, so we went back to the game and on the last shot Braedyn shot it up it bounced off one rim into the other basket! He won another one! He was smiles from ear to ear! It was the same carnival worker from earlier and she said was telling people all about this 8 year old who made two shots and now he made 3! She said there's a lot people that couldn't make one especially kids! So he was liking that attention.
We attended the concert with two huge pokemons and Jordan wouldn't put his giant pig down...he fell asleep on Charlie's lap during the concert holding his stuffed pokemon.


The concert was great and I look forward to seeing him again! I really enjoy his music! He is playing at the Long Branch in Raleigh on Sat, December 1st so I got tickets for that too:)!

Kasey Kahne's car


cool lawn mowers!


"think I can take this for a spin"





Braedyn on trampoline!


1 comment:

  1. So much fun....I bet after seeing these pictures Cooper wished he would have tagged along with you all. LOVE your family picture :)

    ReplyDelete