Friday, October 5, 2012

Want To Be Just Like Cooper!

Another one hits the ice!!


Today Braedyn had a playdate/sleepover and he hates going ice skating so what a perfect opportunity to go to the ice skating rink. I thought this would be a perfect day for me to take Jordan to the rink since he has been begging to go and Cooper can just skate around and get some ice time. The Triangle Sportsplex had open skate from 1-4.
Jordan's first day in skates on the ice went really well. So good he did not want to leave. At first we worked on some balancing before going out on the ice and he was doing excellent, so we stepped on the ice and did the splits! He wanted to just be able to skate thinking it was easy. I went with him and we were trying to do it with me holding his hands going backwards but with his weight I wasn't able to hardly move. I thought I was going to break my back. So we found the skate aides and he was off! We were there from 1-3:00 and by the end he was pushing it forward and letting go and skating to it! Then he would let go and skate to me. He went from not being able to stand up on the ice to skating in a couple hours. No fear in this boy. He then wanted to race Cooper! Not yet...
So now he wants to do Mice on Ice (which is what Cooper did first before he played Rink Rat, 3-5 yr old hockey). If it works into our schedule we might just do that! He loved it. He kept saying two more minutes. He had a fit when I told him it was time to leave.
Cooper was out there doing drills and just having fun on the ice dancing around and doing tricks. Things he isn't allowed to do during hockey. We all had a great afternoon! Then we went to McDonalds for ice cream! They will be tired tonight!
Then Cooper hits the ice again at 8:15 am for hockey practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment